Monday, January 4, 2016

Super Powers

  Happy New Year!  I had lots of really good family time over the holidays, but I missed my NLA family too.  I am so excited to get back to NLA and back to the important work of childhood!  I look forward to continuing the vision I have for NLA in 2016 as we grow and branch out a bit too!

  I take lots of photos at NLA (so many my Mac has had a little trouble handling them all) and I love receiving the ones you parents send me too.  The photos allow me to go back and reflect on our days together and it helps me document the magic that happens each and every day.  I wanted to share one of those magic moments with you.  

  I overheard a parent telling his daughter that her "super powers" were in her heart and were always with her and that she didn't really need a magic wand.  Although we all love magic wands, this is a beautiful message and it made me realize that this is the message I want all children to have at NLA (and throughout their lives for that matter).    I believe each and every child that walks into NLA has a "super power" and it is our job to make sure that this "super power" is recognized and nurtured, so they don't spend the rest of their lives trying to recover it.  Super powers come in all different forms and let us celebrate them all!  

 With that I give you these photos to enjoy!  

Here's to celebrating each child's unique "super power" in 2016!  



























No comments:

Post a Comment