Friday, May 27, 2016

What child-led offers!





  As I reflect on the past year and sift through the amazing photos of our days together, I realize even more what important WORK this is!  With the help of this amazing, growing community we are able to create an environment where children can freely explore and discover at their own pace!  A true child-led, play-based program.   Thank you for helping me make NLA a safe, loving space where "conflicts" are looked as opportunities for learning (for us all).  We continue this important work of play next week and I can't wait!  

  

I love this quote as it reminds us that children can be trusted to know what they are ready to learn if we just step back and let them.   

You have probably heard me say that no matter what activities I plan for our NLA days, the children always make any activity even better than I could ever plan for.  When I arrive at NLA and set the "stage" for the day I set out the materials and the opportunities for creating and exploring, but I remember true child-led learning will look different each day.   I set up the space and during the day the children find many 

 opportunities for connection....





















opportunities for concocting and experimenting......



















opportunities for helping a friend...








opportunities for cooperative activities as well as alone time....















opportunities for taking an activity and making it their very own....



















opportunities to just be who they are.....











opportunities to take risk, move and explore..















and opportunities to listen and to be heard!










Summer NLA begins next Wednesday, June 1st!































































No comments:

Post a Comment